Firstly why do you need synthetic oil?
Most oil filter manufacturers will will tell you that synthetic (or man made) oils will make you motor last longer. Even car manufacturers will push this fact and they will go further and sell you the exact product they believe is required for your car. It is argued that they do not always push the best synthetic oil instead just the oil with the highest price that they are an affiliates for so buyers always need to be ware.
Oil even if not synthetic oil will help a car immensely. All cars have moving parts and they are rubbing against each other all the time, a good oil will reduce the friction and metal to metal contact. On top of that oil will absorb heat and help keep the engine cool. All of which will dramatically increase the life of your car.
Secondly why do you need an oil filter?
Oil filters are critical to your cars life and performance. Just like the word entails and oil filter works as a filter to get rid of bad oil and small metal chips that occasionally break off while the car is operating. Just like oil itself you should also search for the best oil filter for your car. Not going for the best will mean that the bad oil and metal chips in the cars oil system will move around and course massive damage to your vehicle. This will decrease the life of the vehicle.
Now selecting the right oil filter 100% depends on the type of oil you are using the the vehicle itself. These three components are big in itself and is difficult to cover in one post. Therefore it is always worth listening to your car dealer or the cars website to find out the best products they recommend. However value for money can be reached with some generic brands so we will briefly mention our top 3 oil filters and synthetic oil for your car in 2018.
Top 3 Oil Filters 2018
1) Mobil 1 M1-110 Extended Performance Oil Filter – At only $11 or less per oil filter and created by one of the biggest oil companies in the word. This oil filter is likely the best bang for buck.
2) Bosch 3330 Premium FILTECH Oil Filter – At only $6 or less this is the cheapest on our list but has a lot of great reviews on Amazon.
3) WIX Filters – 51348 Spin-On Lube Filter – Is a mid range filter at only $7.5 on Amazon. Great reviews and will last a long time.
Top 3 Synthetic Oils 2018
1) Royal Purple 36520-6PK HPS 5W-20 Synthetic Motor Oil – It has some great reviews on Amazon and will not break the bank
2) Shell ROTELLA T6 5W-40 Full Synthetic Diesel Engine Oil – More expensive at around $32 a container, however it is created by Shell one of the biggest oil companies in the world.
3) Liqui Moly 2041 Premium 5W-40 Synthetic Motor Oil – Similar to the Shell product but US made and great reviews on Amazon
What did you think of our list? Are you using these products now? We would love to hear from you if you answered yes!
Some of this list was taken from https://ramresearch.org/best-synthetic-oil/